Sunday, May 26, 2013

The man of action!

Jim had a really good first week of chemo.  He is tolerating it really well with almost no nausea and just fatigue.  But you wouldn't notice the fatigue if you looked around the house.  He's been keeping busy with a variety of projects.  Just this week he hung curtains in the outside room, installed pull out shelves in the kitchen cabinets, dug a trench for the sprinkler line, handled all the paperwork for all this medical stuff, did all the grocery shopping, gardening and laundry!  Whew! I am tired just thinking about it! And that's just the stuff I know about!  I had open house this week and got through it with setup help from Linda (thanks!).  

The nebulizer and cough medicine seems to mostly have his cough under control and his voice is almost completely back to normal, yay!  The side effects are being mostly managed and we are getting through this one day at a time, with patience, grace, naps and a sense of humor.

I have three more weeks of school and we have three more weeks of radiation and baby chemo, then we get a little break.  Trying to decide how we'll celebrate our 'time off'.  Ideas? 

1 comment:

  1. The ocean. Something very cleansing and calming about the ocean and the waves

    ReplyDelete