![]() |
| I'd rather have a dog scan, thank you! |
This afternoon we met with the oncologist again. Though earlier we had dubbed him 'Doctor Dread' today he was just Eeyore. I actually kind of like him because he calls it straight, but sometimes he is a bit too direct. James feels good about his care team and that makes it all okay for me. Doc agreed with Radio-Oncologist to start a 'baby dose' of weekly chemo while Jim is on radiation, which makes the radiation more effective. We will start that next Tuesday or the week after. He will probably have this regime until about when school lets out.
Then after about two weeks of recuperation he'll start the "real deal" (doc's words) chemo, which will be a treatment once every three weeks but much stronger doses. I am so pleased that the new phase will be starting when I am off school for the summer.
Speaking of school, I have really been struggling with what to tell/not tell my students. We just did a big thing with the Relay for Life for American Cancer Society and many of them have been impacted by cancer. I do not want them to worry about us, but I want them to know I will be missing work. So I have just told them that Mr. McC is still sick and needs me with him for some doctor's appointments so I'll be missing some days. Then today I sent a message to my students' parents. They are, not surprisingly, incredibly supportive and for that I am so relieved and grateful.
To top off our day, Mary and the Boy Genius stopped by on their way through town. She brought encouragement, support, a book and some ayurvedic recommendations. Right now it feels like life is good.

Thinking of you both!
ReplyDelete