Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday, Monday

We get to go home today and see the stars of Dharma!


Dr. Wong just left and Jim had his last breathing treatment for our stay.  It has REaLLY helped being on a regular regime so I'm hopeful that he will now stay on schedule with his treatments at home.  We were just talking about some app or something that can help us track when he's supposed to do what.  It's. Good thing we both have project management skills.  We'll have an interactive calendar up and running in no time!

Jim will get one more dose of the IV amoxicillin here at the hospital around 11 (they are on their own time zone here) and then we hope to go home!  The RN case manager just stopped in and said it might have to wait until after the 3 o'clock treatment (sad face). 

Once home, Linda and I will get trained on the IV pump by the home health people, who deliver all the equipment (down to gloves, etc) and will deliver fresh IV every three days (note to self- one more thing to go on the calendar).

I'm planning to back to work on Tuesday but have the sick time if I need to change plans. It's great to have such a supportive team at school to keep things running as smoothly as possible.  I'm also able to communicate with my students and it's been so sweet to get their messages of encouragement.  The other day they were trying to guess some exciting news I had; 'it's better than this, but not as good as that.'  One of my kids guessed, "Mr. McConnell doesn't have cancer anymore!!" I told him that would be the best of all possibilities, but no, it was just that we got to try out our new 3-D printer, which by the way, we pretty amazing!). They make me smile every day.



1 comment:

  1. Check out this site
    http://www.dana-farber.org/Health-Library/Oral-Chemotherapy-Drug-Diary.aspx

    Has a list of apps for pill reminders.

    Walgreens has an app also, they bought out something called RxmindMe a few years ago


    happy project management!!

    Love
    Marie

    ReplyDelete