Wednesday, November 27, 2013

CT Scan Update

Today we met with our oncologist, Dr. Wong to go over CT results and check in.  He is happy with James' recovery from pneumonia so as long as he keeps resting and taking his antibiotics, all looks good for full recovery.

The results of CT were mixed and lung reading was not clear due to pneumonia.  The tumor in the adrenal has grown about 20% which is obviously not the direction we were hoping for.  So Jim will be starting a new chemo regime on 12/6, giving him time to complete the full augmentin cycle.  The new drug is called Taxotere.  It will still be a 3 week cycle. It's good that it's only one drug (as opposed to the two he's been getting) though doc says Jim will lose all of his hair.  I'm bummed about the beard, he's bummed about his eyebrows /:>}
Thank you for your continued support and prayers.


1 comment:

  1. I think Jim can have eyebrows tattooed on - as long as he doesn't try to go with the Joker eyebrows - that would not be a good look Jim.

    That really stinks about the adrenals - but if I remember correctly - they are still smaller than when he started out on this journey.

    The lungs are inflamed right now, between the pneumonia and radiation treatments and chemo. I am sure your doc will want to re-evaluate them

    Thanks for the update
    Love
    Marie

    ReplyDelete